Howard-Suamico Youth Flag-Football
2013 Flag Football Registration is Open
2013 Howard Suamico Flag Football League Calendar:
- April 01 Registration officially opens
- June 01 Registration fees increase additional $10 (6-12 year old leagues only) (ref. reg. form for fees)
- July 01 Registration fees increase additional $10 (6-12 year old leagues only) (ref. reg. form for fees)
- July 20 Registration officially closes (NO REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED)
- July 25 Mandatory coaches meeting at Townline, 6:30 PM
- Aug. 01 Practices begin (coaches determine place, time and quantity of practices)
- Aug. 24 Regular season begins (first game at Akzo Nobel Park) (Night game)
- Aug. 31 BYE WEEK (Labor Day Weekend)
- Sept. 07 Regular season resumes play
- Oct. 05 Regular season games end (3-5 year old Bucky Ball ends here) (Night game)
- Oct. 12 Post season play begins
- Oct. 19 Post season and FINAL week of season (Night game)
- Oct. 24 Coaches meeting at Townline, 6:30 PM (2013 Howard Suamico Flag Football officially ends)
Registration for flag football can be done by logging onto www.hysayouth.com and registering via online or printing the registration form and mailing to: Gary Ayotte, 3070 Jaguar Lane, Green Bay, WI 54313.
2013 Howard Suamico Flag Football League Information:
- There are four (4) leagues (based on age), PLEASE REFERENCE REGISTRATION FORM FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON LEAGUES. BE SURE YOU REGISTER YOUR CHILD FOR THE CORRECT LEAGUE. THERE IS A COST DIFFERENCE FOR THE 3-5 YEAR OLD, 6-7 YEAR OLD LEAGUES VERSUS THE 8-9 and 10-12 YEAR OLD LEAGUES.
- The younger league (6-7 year olds) will NOT be participating in the playoff portion of the league. I feel it is more important that they develop a better understanding of the game. The 6-7 year olds will still play through the end of the season, as indicated above.
- Concession Stand: Limited snacks and refreshments available.
- Parents/ Players: ALL players and parents need to fill out the proper concussion forms before your child is allowed to participate in any Howard Suamico Flag Football League practices and/ or games. Paperwork needs to be completed prior to July 25, 2013 and turned into the Village of Howard or Suamico. Click here to download to player/parent concussion form.
- Volunteer coaches: To make flag football a success, coaches are needed for all leagues. The role of the coach is to lead the team and serve as an instructor in the skills of flag football. Your participation is much appreciated by all of the youth. If interested, please sign up on your child’s registration form. Coaches will have to fill out a background check form. You can attain a form at the Village Hall on Glendale Avenue in Howard. A photocopy of your driver’s license will be needed. If you have filled out a form already, you may not need to fill one out again. Please check with the Village of Howard, to make sure you are up-to-date with this. Coaches also need to complete the online concussion safety course before you can coach. Click here for further information.
- Paid Referees: Referees are needed for all games. If you or anyone you know is interested, please contact Gary Ayotte @ 434.0832 (We currently do not need referees)
- Please contact Gary Ayotte with any flag football questions you may have. Please keep in mind that the Howard league (H.Y.S.A.) and the Suamico league have merged into one entity. There will only be one league to register for. If there is anything I can do to try and answer your questions, please contact me. Phone: 434.0832 or email: email@example.com
We would like to pay thanks to Aaron Jamir for the photos, Baunfire Athletics for the jerseys and to Team Apparel for doing the league/ team patches for the jerseys.
We would also like to thank our Sponsors: House of Speed, Line-X, Arborland Horticulture, Sports Clips, SMET Construction, Raasch Engineers+Architects, Legends, Quality Insulators, Alive and Kickin', Team Apparel, GeNiuS Car Wash & Detail, Piggly Wiggly, La Java, Green Bay Pallet, Townline Pub & Grill, Bay Port Shell, Kwik Trip, Everyday Gourmet